The second of four components to the Advanced Mentoring Enrichment Network, Mentoring is a tool that:
- Connects 12-17 year old students to a long-term mentoring program using a sport most of them love – basketball.
- Strives to connect all students engaged in the Advanced Mentoring Enrichment Network to a Coach serving as a mentor or a mentor at a 5 to 1 ratio – 5 students to one mentor.
- Mentors strive to connect with their mentees during group sessions at the midnight basketball events while other teams are playing.
- Mentors work closely with educational facilitators to follow-up on the students educational progress in school.
- Mentors strive to serve as a positive role model and a sounding board that will motivate each student to work hard and reach their full potential.
- Mentors will gladly work with parents or guardians to reinforce good manners, educational success, positive life skills and discourage a life style or peer engagement that may deviate the student from living a life of excellence.
- Teaches the students basic principles of sportsmanship, accountability, verbal etiquette, interpersonal skills, and others.
- Promotes a healthy and physically active lifestyle in a technologically, visually addictive, fast-food crazed society.