The first of four components to the Advanced Mentoring Enrichment Network, Midnight Basketball is an effective tool that:
- Connects 12-17 year old students to a long-term mentoring program using a sport most of them love.
- Provides a safe and fun environment for students to play basketball on Friday nights until midnight.
- Via the “No Workshop – No Jumpshot” rule, it allows students to play provided they first receive the benefits of a workshop and group interaction covering a variety of life-application topics.
- Teaches the students basic principles of sportsmanship, accountability, verbal etiquette, interpersonal skills, and others.
- Promotes a healthy and physically active lifestyle in a technologically, visually addictive, fast-food crazed society.